As an IBIS Eagles player, you will be expected to play the game in the best traditions of sportsmanship, self-discipline and hospitality. Below are the minimum standards expected of an IBIS Eagles player. Please study and follow them carefully:
- Players should pay annual subs and match fees early or on time. Any problems with this, contact your skipper or the club captain.
- Players should arrive on time to both matches and training, conducting themselves in a positive manner, wearing IBIS Eagles club/training kit where possible.
- Players should inform their Captains of their availability by the Wednesday before the fixture.
- Players should take responsibility for all of their belongings e.g. kit, rubbish, bottles etc.
- Players’ priority during training should be to better themselves and the club.
- Respect the laws of the game.
- Respect the match officials, making them feel welcome.
- Respect each other.
- Respect the manager/coach and all decisions made by him, regardless of your opinion.
- Respect your opponents, treating them as you would like to be treated.
- Respect all the aspects of the facilities and equipment used.
- Shake hands with opponents and match officials after the game.
- Players must remain in control of their emotions at all times.
- Players must not retaliate to any negative incidents, both on and off the pitch, and should show maturity and self-control.
- Players should offer to help the Team Manager/Skipper wherever possible.
- Players should socialise with the opposition after the game.
- Players should encourage teammates even (or especially) if they have made a mistake. Mistakes are the best way to learn.
- Players are encouraged to ask questions of the coach and team mates in order that all can learn from each other.
- Players should help each other create a fun and enjoyable learning and playing environment.
This code of conduct must be enforced by all members of the club, specifically The Club Chairpersons, Team Managers, Team Captains and senior players at all times. Failing to follow the IBIS Eagles Code of Conduct may result in a club ban and potentially a revoking of membership.